Phuket Sandbox & Living in The “Blue Zone”
- Travel by air from any country around the world.
- Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travel and a medical certificate of recovery.
- Travellers under 18 years of age, travelling with parents, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
- A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travel. (all travellers).
- A confirmed payment for an accommodation at SHA+ and RT-PCR test.
- An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
- Apply for Thailand Pass QR Code at http://tp.consular.go.th
- Wait for an approval of Vaccine Certification and paid-accommodation incl. RT-PCR.
- Confirmation of Approval, receive Thailand Pass QR Code.
- Present the Thailand Pass QR Code to the Health Control to carry out checks, then proceed through Immigration procedures.
- Undergo the RT-PCR COVID-19 test at the reserved accommodation, or the pre-arranged test centre.
- (Children aged under 6 have saliva test.)
- Proceed to the hotel by the pre-arranged airport transfer. (Distance from airport within 5 hours)
- Download and install the MorChana App. at the hotel.
- Wait for the test result within the hotel room.
During your stay
- Stay at least first 7 nights within one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations, if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand.
- If staying less than 7 nights, must leave Thailand immediately on a directly flight to another country. *All travellers are subject to two required COVID-19 tests: the first test upon arrival by an RT-PCR method, and *the second test on Day 6-7 by self-testing ATK.
- *effective on 1 November 2021 onwards.
- Practice the D-M-H-T-T-A* precautions.
- *D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
When you’re leaving
- After having completed a seven-night stay in one of the 17 Blue Zone destinations, free to go anywhere in Thailand or leave Thailand to other countries. However, travellers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by the respective province/country of their destination.